Options

workflow for uploading large amounts of receipts

IrenedIrened Member Posts: 3

Hi, I'm new to Wave and the Wave mobile app. I'm trying to understand how to upload many receipts quickly and efficiently. Right now the scanning time is very long - and I read on the website it can take an hour? How is everyone uploading multiple receipts and verifying them - in a quick efficient manner?

Do you scan your receipts at once, then go back hours later and verify they are accurate?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Irened , you can take pictures of your receipts back to back and then upload them all at once through the app. This way, if you have more than one receipt to upload at once, you can process them all at once in a bunch and come back to Full transparency, although we don't have a hard cap on how many receipts you can upload at once, we don't recommend uploading too many receipts at the same time as it can slow things down.

• Options

Just want to make sure I understand: so I take many pictures. I wait till they upload ( this took an hour on some of my tests) . And then once they are uploaded, I have to go back to my receipts to verify the numbers ?

Do you have a ballpark for how many is too many? I have many receipts to process.

thanks.

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Irened , thanks for getting back! You've got it right - you need to let the receipts all upload, and then you need to go into each to confirm the information was correctly read. In Wave, there is always a manual element to transaction records (besides Bank Connections) in order to reduce errors, increase compliance, and make reconciliation/tax filing easier in the long run! As @AlexL mentioned, there's not a firm number that we have for uploading, as it does vary device to device and based on your network speed, but in general, I'd say doing ~50 or less is alright, doing ~10 or less is better, and doing ~1-5 at a time is best (this is approximate though).

• Options

Thank you. I'm hoping I can do the 50. I have a huge batch. Ugh.