Estimate Functionality

KimGrotyKimGroty Member Posts: 3

I love that you can change the order of line items on the invoice. Why can't we do the same for estimates? When I'm creating estimates I try to keep similar items grouped together. Invariably, I miss a line item, but have already created several subsequent line items. There is no way to go back to insert a line item where I need it without deleting my subsequent work or doing a copy/paste job to move all subsequent line items down one row.

Also, it would be great to also have the same search filters on estimates as on the invoices.

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @KimGroty

Thanks so much for this feedback. At this time we don't have this feature available as our team is working on fixing up a few things on the back end of our invoicing to bring new updates there. Our estimates feature has lacked on updates for a little bit as we push forward on migrating folks to the new accounting/invoicing system. We appreciate your patience as we continue to address these upcoming issues and inevitably move to updating our estimates feature.

• DarkSaiyanDarkSaiyan Member Posts: 2

I second this. It's very hard to keep track of a large estimate if you accidentally leave something out at to the top and have to shift everything down. To take it one more step further, it'd be great to have to ability to have different sections of an estimate or invoice. Essentially a text break in the color of your brand where you could have another section of the estimate. For instance, Family Room and Dining Room if you're quoting out two separate things. Perhaps even a subtotal per break.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @DarkSaiyan ! Thank you for reaching out on our Community forum and sharing your feedback with us. I also appreciate you sharing a use case for us so we can better understand how this can benefit you and your business. This will help our product team when building out Estimates in the future. Thank you!

edited October 2, 2020
  • mgallantmgallant Member Posts: 5

+1 for the ability to reorder estimates. It's essentially the same GUI as invoices so it should be minimal coding effort. I typically quote things in a logical order and if I forget something, I cant just add it to the bottom. I screenshot the estimate and delete back to where I need to add something and then start over from there. :-(

• Steve6000Steve6000 Member Posts: 1

I will say this about the lack of this function. It is very frustrating and a large “time waster” to not have the option to rearrange your estimate line items. I work in building and design and the length of my Estimates can be quite large and often change depending on the clients requests. I often have items that need to be added into specific locations (ie. Kitchen scope expands to include NEW items) and I am unable to insert or arrange line items in an organized manner.