Options

Customer-specific invoice numbers

MiloMilo Member Posts: 4

Is it possible to have different invoice numbering for different customers. I would want to be able to select the customer, and have the invoice number advance for that particular customer's invoice-numbering scheme.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Milo , thanks for your message! I've moved your discussion to this more relevant area.

I'm afraid this is not possible in Wave at this time. This isn't a feature our product team is currently working on or planning to work on, I'm afraid. That said, while it's not being worked on now, it doesn't mean it will never come in future - so thank you for sharing this feature idea for our consideration!!

• Options
    ClovelinessCloveliness Member Posts: 1

I am also needing this feature, please. It is confusing for customers to think it's their 3rd invoice when it's their 1st.
    @Milo - hopefully you found a workaround. I would be interested to know what it is!
    I did see another thread where you can use letters so I'm going to number my invoices like GJ1, AMZ40, etc. The only problem that I've run into with that is that you have to manually enter the invoice number which could cause some incorrect data entry.

• Options
    MiloMilo Member Posts: 4

@Cloveliness said:
    @Milo - hopefully you found a workaround. I would be interested to know what it is!

No workaround. On the other hand, none of my customers have had an issue with non-sequential invoice numbers, so it's now just a "would be nice to have" issue for me.