PayPal Integration is flawed according to what I see

gyventigyventi Member Posts: 3

It seems like PayPal integration is flawed. It is not accounting for (subtracting) the tax amount eBay is withholding from the gross amount. Example: A gross payment of 26.38 - 1.07 (PayPal Fee) - 1.38 (eBay collected taxes) should be recorded as three parts. Only the gross amount and PayPal fee are recorded. Taxes never show up. Thus, the account will never reconcile, because the payment recorded is larger than the actual payment received whenever taxes are collected by eBay.

edited July 16, 2020 in Bank Connections

Comments

• gyventigyventi Member Posts: 3

and here is the solution I think...

Manual import and selecting the NET field.

• gyventigyventi Member Posts: 3

The site does not work to top this situation off... Not able to upload the csv from PayPal. Very frustrating to get this to work.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @gyventi , thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Paypal integration here. Regarding the site not working, we did experience a site crash last week, but that was on July 17, two days after this post. So, this tells me that some browser/network troubleshooting may help! I'll provide that troubleshooting further down.

As for the integration itself, I'm afraid there is limited troubleshooting available for it. This is because it is a legacy integration, and as it is an integration of a third party app, Wave can't control the limitations of it. The workaround you provided is a great alternative though!

Browser/Network Troubleshooting

Browser Troubleshooting
    Wave supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We'd also recommend that you try using Wave with browser extensions disabled. If you have Chrome, try opening up an incognito window, logging into your Wave account, and try again (or if you have Firefox, open a private browsing window).

If that doesn't work, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser HERE.

Network Troubleshooting

1. If you're using a VPN, please disable it.

2. Please power-cycle your modem and/or router. A great article that walks you through how to do this, and why it helps is available here: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-properly-restart-a-router-modem-2624570.

3. Try connecting to a different network. The fastest way to do this is usually to tether to your mobile device.

4. If you're still having trouble, please make sure that your browser is compatible with Wave.

5. Disabling your antivirus software, or adding waveapps.com to your antivirus whitelist should resolve any access issues you're having with our integrations or third party modals (such as banking login info).

I know these tests can seem random, but I've seen these very things work for users in the past!