Remove payment due date field

HandyannHandyann Member Posts: 4

Hi. I'd like to remove the payment due date from my invoices. Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
Many thanks.

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Handyann , I'm afraid that this feature isn't currently available in Wave as all invoices do have a due date which is displayed.

• Shawn_6061Shawn_6061 Member Posts: 1
    I don't get it how hard is it for you all just to remove that or to have an option ,that doesn't make any sense!

This feature maybe handy in some cases, but is very annoying when you have already been paid and it keeps reminding you that payment is due.

I can't help than to wonder how does this show up on the customer's side?

It also makes my wave account very Cluttered, unnecessarily!

I guess it is what it is.
    God is good!
  • HandyannHandyann Member Posts: 4

@ Shawn_6061 I do so agree! My clients all pay as individually arranged and I find it embarrassing to have to include a payment date when I don’t want to. I have to put a note with every invoice saying to ignore the payment date as it’s a fixture in the software. It surely can’t be so hard to make it optional? Everything else is perfect And mostly editable, so why is this such a problem??

• GraybuckGraybuck Member Posts: 6

I concur. This is an irritation. An improvement could be to allow any number of days to be the default due date.

• LKNinjaLKNinja Member Posts: 2

You can change the payment due date reminders in the settings or disable them all together. Additionally, when you record a payment it will not send out reminders any longer and you can just send a receipt. If I am doing point of sale at a customer's location, instead of sending them an invoice, I record payment and just send a receipt which has no due date. I hope this helps.

• HandyannHandyann Member Posts: 4

That’s good to know but i really need to disable/remove the payment due field from invoices. I don’t know why it’s apparently so impossible for Wave to implement something so simple.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @LKNinja

Thanks so much for your contribution to our community offering up a simple workaround for our business owners. Presently we don't have plans on removing this feature. As you may already know, your invoice customization settings are where you can find any changes you'd like to make to an invoice at this present time.

• sandeepreddysandeepreddy Member Posts: 1

Even I am waiting for this feature to be made optional, Being a developer, I know that this enhancement doesn't take more than one developer day. But, not sure why Wave is not able to implement it. It's one of the important thing for a business owner to generate invoice with customized/optional due dates. Hope Wave do something about it soon.

edited February 28, 2021
  • meemmeem Member Posts: 1

I don't understand why this feature is still not available, how hard can it be to add?

My payment terms are 'due upon receipt' and this results in the date being displayed twice on the invoice, it doesn't look very good at all. You must be aware that's the case with the 'due upon receipt' setting and you still won't add an option to hide the due date?

• Continuum_DesignsContinuum_Designs Member Posts: 1

Please allow us to disable this setting. It's heavy-handed for my invoices to have due dates. I don't want to set it to a later date, so my clients don't think I want them to pay later, although saying the invoice is past due the next day, is not a good look.

• thisismethisisme Member Posts: 1

Glad I'm not the only one that has this issue lol, I actually love wave apps but the due date makes everything so annoying. As others have said, it feels too weird to say when I have to be paid. And because the due date is everywhere it means I can't use wave's send email function because the date is mentioned in the email, and it also means I have to use adobe to do a ninja edit of the due date field.

• DivinetoDivineto Member Posts: 1

This is the sole reason that I have to look elsewhere. Sucks that such a simple feature ended up being the reason because everything else that is far more complicated to implement works out so well on Wave, and despite other invoicing tools lacking a few features I really like, the inability to remove the due date field is just too important for me to risk having it on some of the invoices I have to send out. In many industries, the payment terms are usually more complicated the bigger the clients, and that one field can have all kinds of consequences from voiding contracts to creating unnecessary confusion especially on the big clients that I cannot risk.

• SlartiBSlartiB Member Posts: 1

LOL - within 10 SECONDS of logging in, I noticed the (unwanted) Payment Due field, and looked to see whether I could remove it in the invoice customisation. Bye bye Wave, and what an apt name you have - so many potential customers will be "waving" you goodbye. ;^)