HIPAA`

justinj788justinj788 Member Posts: 1

Does anybody know if Wave will sign a business associate agreement for HIPAA with healthcare companies?

edited March 30, 2021 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @justinj788 , can you provide some more context on this? Why are you looking to have Wave sign a business associate agreement? Let us know and we may be able to shine some more light on this.

• VanessaPezo_LCSW87VanessaPezo_LCSW87 Member Posts: 1

Hi @AlexL I am also curious about this. As a healthcare provider I need a Business Associate Agreement in order to be HIPAA compliant. If you can provide the BAA I could use Wave for client invoicing, and other needed services. Does Wave provide a BAA?

Thank you!
    Vanessa

• kangteekangtee Member Posts: 5

Hi @AlexL, I am also a healthcare provider and super-excited to start using Wave App soon. I am also interested in having a business associate agreement (BAA) per HIPAA signed by Wave App in order for me to share my patients' PHI (Protected Health Information) in the invoicing and service details in each with diagnosis information. I have a BAA drafted up and can have it sent to Wave App for signature. Please let me know. Thank you!

edited January 17, 2021
  • kangteekangtee Member Posts: 5

Hello, I am a healthcare provider and need to know if Wave App is HIPAA compliant before I can start using the software and port my patients' information in here. I have a general business associate agreement (BAA) already drafted. Please let me know if Wave is able to provide a signed BAA. Thanks in advance.

edited January 22, 2021
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @kangtee and @VanessaPezo_LCSW87 !

As of September 23, 2013 a new HIPAA Rule came into effect requiring the protection of Protected Health Information (PHI). While our security is state of the art and may satisfy the requirements, Wave is not HIPAA compliant, and with that will not co-sign as a Business Associate.

Our Privacy policy can be viewed HERE. Though Wave can be used without entering any PHI into the system, we can not offer any guidance, legal or otherwise, to help you with your decision making.