Options

Integrating PayPal for two separate businesses

Anita1984Anita1984 Member Posts: 1

I have two businesses set up on Wave and I have a separate PayPal account for each business. I have integrated PayPal for business A no problem but when I try to integrate a PayPal account for business B, it shows the details for business A and I can't change it. Does Wave only allow the integration of one PayPal account even though I have two separate businesses or am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Anita1984! You should definitely be able to make this connection for both businesses! Can you send a screenshot of what you're seeing when you attempt to make these connections? I'd love to see this from your perspective and try to offer any advice that I can!

• Options
    DocAbbyDocAbby Member Posts: 2

I'm having a similar issue. Business B is integrating my personal PayPal accounting instead of Business B's PayPal account and vice versa. Is there any way to resolve this. I know that PayPal will no longer be integrated for the new year, but this is crunch time since it's the end of the year. I would still like to utilize this feature if I may.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @DocAbby !

It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other correctly.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix.

If, after that time the accounts are still off, please let me know and we can go from there.

• Options
    DocAbbyDocAbby Member Posts: 2

Hi JulianP.

Thank you for the help, but my account is still off. Within my Personal side, I have an account called “PayPal (HOP).” It only has transactions for 2020. This should NOT be in my Personal account. It should be be connected to my Business account called “Hooked on Pinball.” I already have this account there with transactions from 2017 through 2019. Is there anyway to move this from Personal to Business “Hooked on Pinball?” Even if it’s not within the same account and a new one has to be created for the Business side, I’d be happy enough. It will help me as there are literally thousands of transactions.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
    Abby Campbell
    ~~~~~

@JulianP said:
    Hey there @DocAbby !

It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other correctly.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix.

If, after that time the accounts are still off, please let me know and we can go from there.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @DocAbby , there's no way to transfer transactions over from Personal to Business I'm afraid. If you don't need each and every transaction and you know that these transactions are accurate, I would consider maybe just transferring over the balance to save yourself some time?