Invoice paid through wave for wrong business

nasbunasbu Member Posts: 4

I accidentally processed a Wave invoice for the wrong business and it is now a transaction I cannot delete.
I can record the payment manually on the correct business's account, but not sure what to do to make this transaction not count as income for the original account through which the payment was processed.

Comments

• motoramblermotorambler Member Posts: 53 ✭✭

I'm no expert but you should be able to go to the invoice in question then click "Remove Payment". Then you can assign the correct payment for that invoice.

• nasbunasbu Member Posts: 4

@motorambler No, one cannot delete a transaction that's automatically created by wave for an invoice payment made through wave. the delete option is greyed out.

I didn't suggest deleting the transaction, Go to Invoices, then select the invoice to which the incorrect payment was made, then select "remove payment". Does that work for you?

@motorambler can you elaborate on the significance of the transaction being left for the invoice payment? i figured that was the original thing that's posing an issue for me - since it's counted as a transaction that never actually occurred for the business. apologies if i'm not understanding you!

@nasbu not sure if I understand your last post. You should be able to go to the invoice with the incorrect payment then select "remove payment". Then you can add the correct payment (if the payment has been made). Next, in "Transactions" select the transaction line & associate it with the correct invoice. You should be able to safely delete any duoplicate transaction line entries that are remaining (if any).

Maybe a forum moderator/admin can chime in to confirm my suggestion?

edited August 11, 2020

@motorambler
    the invoice originated from the wrong profile/account (a different wave profile should have originated that invoice).

Hi @nasbu that is over my head. You should reach out to Wave Support or @ one of the community mods for help.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @nasbu

While you cannot delete a Wave Payment credit card or ACH processed transaction in your business for auditing purposes, you can write it off. Check out how to do this with this article on How to Write off an Invoice. Let us know if you have any questions.