Receipt

jason1234jason1234 Member Posts: 36

I understand there is a Receipt feature in the system. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it printed in a nice format like Estimate and Invoice on paper. I have a feeling Wave didn't implement this? Can we do this, Wave?

Comments

• Oli_EddieOli_Eddie Member Posts: 10

@jason1234 Nah, you can download and print them, just send them by email. Since you don't really need records of invoices being paid (those are in your reports after all), and just about everyone has email addresses, I'm not sure how widely this would be useful.

You can still view a receipt from the invoice page and print that page, it won't be perfect, but it'll work in a pinch.

• jason1234jason1234 Member Posts: 36

@Oliver Eddie Yes, you can print the current one but it's far from it being professional. If you have used Quickbooks Online and Xero before, their receipts are nicely formatted like Estimates and Invoices.

Example, if the invoice is 100 dollars and the customer pays 80 dollars only, it doesn't give the extra information that there is pending payment of 20 dollars.

Btw, can we change the payment method? Online Transfer seems to be missing.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @jason1234.

No, Wave doesn't currently have a clean printable receipt. You can always reprint a copy of the invoice after it's paid. It will show the payment your client has made next to the total. You will be able to see partial payments, as well as the dates of those payments there.

Do you have a lot of clients that require printed receipts for their paid invoices?

• jason1234jason1234 Member Posts: 36

@Alexia Thanks for the tip.

No, just a handful of them. I can create one using excel but won't have the same design style as yours unfortunately.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for following up, @jason1234. I will see what I can do to bring attention to this.