Options

Receipts to bill payment records

n0b5h00t3rn0b5h00t3r Member Posts: 3

Hi, it's my first day with on Wave and I notice that I wasn't able to upload a receipt as I record by bill payment.

I had to upload it on the receipt section but my total loss increased twice, once each for the bill payment and the receipt which I believe to have been recognized as a separate transaction.

How can I avoid this from happening? I need to keep a copy of the receipt for the bill payments made to my vendors.

Appreciate if anyone can help on this or if there was already a solution somewhere in this forum which I wasn't able to find.

Regards,
n0b5h00t3r.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AccountsProAccountsPro Member Posts: 103 ✭✭

I'm also interested in the reply about this, thanks.

• Options

Well, seems like there isn't any answers, I've also logged a support case for now. Will be posting their results here for community reference.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @n0b5h00t3r

Are you able to merge the two transactions?

Let us know!

• Options

So I got a reply via email from "Wave support@waveaccounting2.zendesk.com" on the 19th of August 2020. Didn't know that this was it and nothing else.

-->
    Hi there,
    Thanks for reaching out to Wave!
    Millions of business owners around the world are using Wave’s free accounting software. To help each and every user as best as we can, our team has created a library of guides and FAQs, which you can find in our Help Center.
    If you’re unable to find the answers you’re looking for by searching our articles by keyword or reading through our guides, check out our online Community Forum where you'll have the chance to network, ask questions, share experiences, and learn from other entrepreneurs and Wave experts.
    Thanks for choosing Wave!

@BarsinA would you be able to help on this then?

Appreciate it!

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey again @n0b5h00t3r

Would you mind trying the merge transactions feature to merge your receipt transaction to the bill payment transaction? Select the two transactions check boxes and select merge at the top.

• Options
    ShanearoonieShanearoonie Member Posts: 6

@Barsin said:
    Would you mind trying the merge transactions feature to merge your receipt transaction to the bill payment transaction? Select the two transactions check boxes and select merge at the top.

Hi @Barsin - After your comment, I thought about doing this. In my case, I ONLY had to create a bill because what I purchased was an asset, and I couldn't choose an asset category on the receipt (according to another thread, this is not possible to do, at least yet). Therefore, if I create a receipt, I am forced to categorize it incorrectly as an expense. If I go ahead and enter the receipt with a "dummy" category, and then merge it with the bill payment, will the end result have the correct account?

• Options
    KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @Shanearoonie!

That's right, if you merge the Receipt and Bill payment transactions, the category for the transaction will now be "Payment to ... Vendor", and the product's category will default to the category selected on the Bill. In your case, this is the Asset account!