Upload data export

MRWave2000_MRWave2000_ Member Posts: 2

Hi

I created a new company on wave and would like to import the export data but it does not allow it, where do I go to import the export data - the accounting data. I went to accounting and transactions and import as bank statement but it's not allowing. Where do you go to import the export (backup data - CSV) as per wave.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @MRWave2000_

When it comes to the accounting data that Wave exports, this document is fairly robust and good for an accountant. However when it comes to uploading transactional data, you cannot upload such a robust CSV and you will need to Edit your CSV upload to fit our format.

• MRWave2000_MRWave2000_ Member Posts: 2

Thanks sorry to ask but yes it allows to upload 3 or 4 columns but the backup data has other accounts that requires uploading, eg. retained income, accounts receivable, the upload allows only through the bank account (i.e. bank account is the contra), is there a way to upload the entire accounting backup data as exported by wave, your assistance will be appreciated

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @MRWave2000_

Unfortunately (and I know this seems counterintuitive) our uploader requires a far simpler upload than what Wave gives you on your export. You can't actually upload your chart of accounts as per each transaction. They will need to be manually recategorized in Wave.