No workarounds for Capital One imports

JenGJenG Member Posts: 1

Several times in attempting to address user frustration with the failure to integrate properly with Capital One on this forum, I have seen Wave reps suggest, "We recommend using our CSV uploader and our Google Sheets add-on, Wave Connect to do direct bulk uploads at this time."

I have brought this to Wave's attention in support emails before, and I'll say it again here: My Capital One accounts do not offer CSV statements. They only offer PDF statements. Thus using Sheets with Wave Connect is not a viable workaround.

I am beyond frustrated with Wave's failure to successfully pressure Plaid and/or Capital One to get themselves organized and cooperate! This has been going on for far too many months. Plaid was supposed to improve the Capital One integration experience, which had previously been problematic. Yet I'm lucky if I can get one transaction import per month! Usually fewer!

What will Wave do, proactively, to improve this situation? I like Wave, but the integrations have to work or else I will be forced to endure the upheaval of taking my business elsewhere and warning people off of Wave.

Come on, you guys. Don't make me leave.

edited August 28, 2020 in Bank Connections

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @JenG , I'm sorry to hear how frustrated the CapitalOne situation is making you feel. I totally understand the difficulty of not being able to get your transactions into an accounting software. I'm afraid we don't have any updates on the connection, but believe me when I say we have done/are doing what we can to make this connection work.

In the meantime, try using Tabula which is a free PDF converter software. This will help you convert your CapOne PDF bank statements to something which Wave reads.

• imalvesimalves Member Posts: 2

@JenG Inside Capital One admin panel, if you go to Download Transactions you can get a CSV file by month. I too feel frustrated by this integration fail.

• Tyler_WTyler_W Member Posts: 1

Hi guys,

I agree with the frustration. I switched banks to CapOne shortly after years-long waiting for integration with my prior bank became available. You can imagine my astonishment and frustration. I decided to wait one year for a solution. It's been 12 months now.

I've done my part in contacting CapitalOne. Overall, I'm very pleased with the experience I've had with them. I can also say that I cannot in sound mind fuss at them much for the cybersecurity measures they're using to protect my accounts.

Wave, I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place; however, I noticed that Yodlee has a working CapitalOne connection. You guys have the power to change this situation for all of your CapitalOne users--you are not stuck anymore than your customers are.

Please note that CapitalOne has the best credit card offer I've seen for small businesses (2% cash back). I suspect that this is an important customer base for you guys. Note their promo that's been ongoing for at least three years:

2% cash back + Earn a one-time $500 bonus when you spend $4,500 in the first 3 months

edited December 29, 2020