Options

Reports - Proffessional Look.

hichsonhichson Member Posts: 7

Good day, I wish Wave can make the reports smaller. The reports simply take too much space. A simple report normally prints on two pages, other accounting software would probably use half a page. The reports need to look more professional. These reports are shown to customers and suppliers and it does not look very good. Please remove the extra spaces and make the reports smaller.
Thank you.
Hichson

Comments

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @hichson , thanks for your post! Thanks for sharing this feature idea with us here, and also adding context for how this impacts your workflow. These are all great insights :)

• Options
    CovalentBondsCovalentBonds Member Posts: 1

Could I please add to that request - Could you please enable an option to view reports by months or quarters in columns next to each other? Right now you can only compare 2 periods in the online system. This means I always have to connect to Google Sheets to view the year by month or quarter. I would prefer to not have to change systems to evaluate the year.

• Options
    ErikaPErikaP Member Posts: 2

Also, why can't we run reports for any year that we have data in our system? It is only allowing us to go back 2 years. But, if we want to run 5 years, there is no option for that. I don't understand why that wouldn't be a simple option to put in custom dates. Can you please update that? I need to run reports going 4 years back and I can't do it!

Also, I want to be able to able to run a balance on one particular category, showing the detail, for a year and I don't see any way to do that. Is there any? My old accounting software allowed you to do that but I can't here. It would be nice to have a list view of the Chart of Accounts, be able to click on any category, and be able to run a report for any set of dates for that category. It is difficult to get into an account the way you have it set up here. A list would be nicer, showing the balance in that account. Same with a general ledger for your accounts. Always nice to have that, showing debits and credits and dates of them, similar to your Transactions page, but showing a running total in the account like a check register, if you will. Just a very simple thing to have, that is interactive and you can edit right in the fields.

Thank you!