Support Documents for a transaction

AsiliAsili Member Posts: 2

In some instances, I purchase assets, for example, a computer. I have a receipt which I then scan and upload, interestingly, Wave only gives me an option to select only expenses when a computer is an asset which I would like to record as such. I am aware of the option of creating a bill but the challenge is that bill creation does not give the option that allows me to attach a supporting document. Additionally, in most cases, we do not purchase our assets from one supplier thereby making the task of creating all one time suppliers in the system including one-timer very cumbersome. How can wave assist with this?

edited September 2, 2020 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Asili , we have a super handy Help Center article that will break down the steps to recording an asset in Wave. Check it out!

• DamyanDamyan Member Posts: 4

I work around the problem with receipts for assets and liabilities by adding the receipts as Uncategorised Expenses, posting to Accounting and then going to Transactions and selecting the right account code. It adds an extra step (quite annoyingly) but is the easiest way I've found to deal with this.

I would welcome alternative views and ideally an option to post receipts directly to assets and liabilities

• AsiliAsili Member Posts: 2

@Damyan, thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.