It says bank is updating, but no new transaction are are actually showing up.

tandrus3tandrus3 Member Posts: 3

Wave has worked beautifully for months with Mountain America Credit Union, but has recently stopped importing transactions. It says it was last updated 12 hours ago, and my bank shows that these logins are occurring, but no new transactions have been added since Aug 21, 2020. I chatted with the bot and was told someone would reach out to me, but that hasn't occurred. Help!

Comments

• famileefamilee Member Posts: 3

I have the exact same problem. I also chatted with the Bot but no response from an actual human being. Happy to hear I'm not the only one with the problem but also frustrated and the lack of response. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

• tandrus3tandrus3 Member Posts: 3
    I got sick of waiting, so I imported transactions manually by downloading them as a CSV from my bank. That works for now, but I fear if it does finally update I'll have a lot of duplicates to go through and delete.
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @tandrus3 @familee

Sorry for the delay in our response, our team is currently dealing with a major backlog of support emails.

I can see your emails were in queue (and one was answered).

As you may already know Wave uses a 3rd party banking aggregator called Plaid to "scrape" the information securely from your banking transactions page, then convert it to a transaction in Wave. Essentially what happens is that your bank is constantly making new updates to their back end security encryption because naturally banks want to remain on top when it comes to having the latest in security. When any of these changes are made, it will disconnect from Wave. Plaid has to then create a new connection path depending on the type of changes that your bank made. This change sends our team an error code which we can then escalate to the Plaid for a more thorough investigation. Plaid will then respond to Wave support to give them a clearer idea of what is going on with this particular bank.

I do sincerely apologize that your particular bank is being affected by an outage at the moment. I understand how this may affect your accounting.

If our team has not yet reached out to you I assure you they will soon!

• tandrus3tandrus3 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, @Barsin. They have reached out to me.