Bills & Bill Payments not calculating correctly

SoEighty7SoEighty7 Member Posts: 5

Bill created (Bill 005 for this example), as below. Shows as paid in full, brill o:)

However, Account Transactions shows something quite different... :|

This is reflected in the Account Balances report :/

However, the transaction itself does look correct :D

Why does this bill show as not paid in full in some reports, yet paid in full in transactional forms?

Any help would be appreciated. I have deleted the payment transaction a recreated which has not helped. I have reduced the bill amount to 19.88 however this caused a different problem.

Cheers! Si.

edited September 8, 2020 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @SoEighty7 , this is definitely a weird situation. I've escalated this to our Engineering team so they can take a further look at what's causing this in the software. As soon as I have more information, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Hi @SoEighty7 , just received a response back from the team. It looks like this is a known rounding issue that happens with Bills and accounting. It happens whenever there's a number with 3 decimal points (in your case, 22.1 x 0.45 =9.945)

I'm afraid that at the moment there is no solution for it other than using numbers that do not equal a result with 3 decimal places. No ETA for a fix either, but I'll be sure to let you know if one comes down the pipeline.

• SoEighty7SoEighty7 Member Posts: 5
    Helpful to know the issue - thanks for looking into it for me Alex 👍

Happy to help, @SoEighty7 !