My Connected Account Isn't Loading the Transactions

Tanya_MayTanya_May Member Posts: 2

Help!!! I have a bank connected that has an account and a credit card. Up until July both of them were loading the transactions just fine. Now, the account is only working but the credit card is not loading the transactions. I have followed the help presented by the bot, and I have also submitted a request for help twice but did not get a reply.

edited October 21, 2020 in Bank Connections

Comments

• sheilahashsheilahash Member Posts: 7

I'm having the same issue

• Alfred_MadereAlfred_Madere Member Posts: 4

I am also having this issue

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Tanya_May @sheilahash @Alfred_Madere

As you may already know Wave uses a 3rd party banking aggregator called Plaid to "scrape" the information securely from your banking transactions page, then convert it to a transaction in Wave. Essentially what happens is that your bank is constantly making new updates to their back end security encryption because naturally banks want to remain on top when it comes to having the latest in security. When any of these changes are made, it will disconnect from Wave. Plaid has to then create a new connection path depending on the type of changes that your bank made. This change sends our team an error code which we can then escalate to the Plaid for a more thorough investigation. Plaid will then respond to Wave support to give them a clearer idea of what is going on with this particular bank.

I do sincerely apologize that your particular bank is being affected by an outage at the moment. I understand how this may affect your accounting.

I would recommend reaching out to our team via submitting a ticket if you are located in the North American region and they will be able to help diagnose the issue with your bank connection.

• Tanya_MayTanya_May Member Posts: 2
    Brian, thank you foe the reply. The problem is, I can't seem to get someone to contact me. I've logged a few tickets and all I get back is the same info you have shared.

I can appreciate things don't always work, but I have questions like:
    -can I break the account/bank and readd it?
    -how will that impact my transactions? Will it duplicate them or delete them?
    -what is the best way to deal with this. It's been 2 months now?

Is there a way you can have someome call me? My info has been provided in the tickets.
  • sheilahashsheilahash Member Posts: 7

I reached out an received a reply telling me to disconnect and reconnect my bank - doing so doubles my transactions in wave and create a ton of clean up

Hey again @Tanya_May

I am very sorry for the delay in our response, our team is currently dealing with a major backlog of support emails.

Presently I can see your ticket in our queue and you should receive a response within 24 hours.

• loosefastloosefast Member Posts: 4

Also having the same issue. I can be connected in another tab to my banking portal, enter the same username and password in Wave and it just keeps failing. When will this be fixed?

Hey there @loosefast

If you haven't already reached out to our support team to investigate your bank connection issue I would highly recommend this.

• loosefastloosefast Member Posts: 4

Barsin, thanks for reply! I will tell you what happened so it can help other users. My bank changed to another online account provider and I had new credentials. My wife was trying to reconnect, also. In her case, the bank had split into two different entities with very similar names. She tried the second one and reconnected OK. I guess we must be continually on our toes these days!

• tbalmertbalmer Member Posts: 5

I've had this same issue for a month now. After reading the other posts I see that there is a backlog in support. Is it possible to get an ETA on when I may receive a reply to my support requests? Thanks in advance.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @tbalmer , I see that Abbey was able to respond to your ticket but my apologies for the longer wait time regardless! If you do have any further questions about your banking situation, please reach out to Abbey directly and she'd be more than happy to help!

• tbalmertbalmer Member Posts: 5

Yes, she responded. Unfortunately the verdict is that Plaid may or may not (EVER) reconnect these accounts because they are focused on issues with bigger banks. The manual download and upload process presented as an alternative is not workable. Thanks for your reply.