Split Transaction between business?

StepheniStepheni Member Posts: 1

I run 2 separate businesses with the same assets. 1) a farm, 2 ) event center

The farm must file a Sch and the Event Center Sch C. Currently, I have both in the same business in Waves, and split the downloaded transactions like insurance and utilities.

This works for me, except for reporting. I have to export and manually edit the report to single out only the farm or only the event center transactions. This editing is frowned upon by loan givers, understandably.

Is there a way to either
1) customize reports
2) split transactions between businesses.

If neither is an option, there a suggested way to easily enter these downloaded transactions into two separate businesses? I really don't want to enter each transaction into each business.

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Stepheni

Thanks for clearly outlining your issue in our community. This is a bit unfortunate as there are a few concerns that come up here. First the farm and the event center should be listed as separate businesses. You can create a new business in your Wave account and re-import your transactions, however the only concern here is that in Wave you cannot import your customized chart of accounts and the categories attached to each of your unique transactions. This would mean that if you did export your transactions and added them using a CSV uploader or you can also try Wave Connect.

That being said, isolating your transaction downloads can be a bit difficult. However if you've created custom and unique categories, you may be able to isolate them in your Reports > Accounts transactions report > Filter the appropriate categories > Then export the report in CSV format.

Hope this is a start! Reach out if you have other questions.