Mapping some Unpaid Expenses to Other Non-Liability account rather than Accounts Payable account

OnaOna Member Posts: 2

I would like to map some of my unpaid expenses to an account i set up in the Chart of Account name "Accrued Expense". At the moment all unpaid expenses in bills are mapped to Accounts Payable in the balance sheet. Can you advise how make changes for this. Thanks

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Ona ! Currently Wave operates in accrual based accounting meaning your accounts payable will show a balance for all created bills that aren't marked as paid. Are you looking to filter this to only show paid expenses? Can you get your intended outcome by selecting the "Cash basis" report type? Is there a reason you’d like to move these to a different account? Accounts payable and receivable are standard for most accounting software and in Wave it is not possible to move each bill’s expected payments to a different account.

edited October 15, 2020
  • OnaOna Member Posts: 2

Our auditor requested us to move certain unpaid expenses to Accrued Expense rather Accounts payable as these expenses are not direct operating expenses. I have found out a way to moved these expenses to Accrued Expenses. Thanks