Invoice payment and stripe payment won't merge

RichyPRichyP Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I have what looks like 2 payments of the same amount received, one is the stripe/card payment which automatically updates the invoice (and can't be amended) and the other is the payment from Stripe received in to my bank 7 days later (transaction was imported) - I've changed the account to 'wave payment' but it still won't merge - The only way I can get it to merge is if I amend the date on the stripe payment received, problem is if I do that then obviously the date is incorrect for the transaction.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I'm currently trialling Wave accounts to see if I can make it work, so I'm going through all transactions and want everything to be right.

thank you!
Rich

Comments

• RichyPRichyP Member Posts: 2

Here's an example showing the transaction being paid twice

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @RichyP

1) When a customer pays by credit card or bank payment, Wave automatically creates a single, multi-line transaction to account for income.

2) Wave automatically posts this to an account called Wave Payments. This is a system-created clearing account in the Money in Transit assets sub-category. This accurately reflects that when a customer makes a payment, you don't have this money yet, but that it will be deposited at a future date.

3) Finally, the deposit transaction will be imported via your transaction update/bank connection. Wave usuallly automatically recognizes this transaction, and creates a transfer transaction from the Payments by Wave clearing account to your bank account, however in this case, you will wait until the transaction lands in your bank account and select transfer from bank, credit card or loan, then select the Wave payments account to clear this balance.

Hope this helps!

edited October 21, 2020