Balance Sheet amount does not match the correct balance under accounts list

arontolentinoarontolentino Member Posts: 2

The "TD BASIC BUSINESS PLAN" account on my latest balance sheet is $1,233,31 but in my transactions list, it's reflecting $0.00 which is the accurate amount.

I've tried reaching out to support last week but still have not received any response.

I'm aware that this has been happening to other people as well. Is there any way we can fix this without support's help?

Please refer to this thread:

https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/6876/balance-sheet-amount-does-not-match-balance-in-account-transaction?

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @arontolentino

So what seems to have happened is that your bank has made some major changes to the primary account you use. Typically when a bank makes changes to their API or online banking, Wave might have a difficult time in understanding which account connected is the valid account. So it will often create a new account, but usually the old one will need to be closed off or archived manually by the user.

In order to fix this, start by differentiating between the new and old connection.

1. Navigate to Accounting > Chart of Accounts. Here you'll see the mirrored connection.
    2. Locate the account with the most recent transaction import date and Click the pencil icon to edit.
    3. Next to Account Name edit to say "Checking Account (New)" and Click Save.
    4. If you'd like, repeat this process for the other mirrored account labelling it "Checking Account (Old)". This is optional as there is already a differentiation between the two created in step 3.
      5 . Now you can head to Accounting > Transactions, and in the Accounts dropdown filter select the "Old" account.
    5. Click the Select All option. A blue Edit button will appear. Click this as well.
    6. Under the Change dropdown select "Account" and under the To dropdown select the New checking account.
    7. Click Apply & repeat until you've transferred all transactions to the new account!

I recognize that this was many steps, and sincerely apologize for any frustration that it causes. I'm afraid this is the only solution I can offer in order to reconcile your account at this point, and I really appreciate your cooperation during this process.

edited October 21, 2020