Sales Tax not showing on purchases in Sales Tax Report

emeraldtransemeraldtrans Member Posts: 1

My purchases entered in to Accounts Transactions with GST/Sales Tax that is sales tax on purchases are not showing in Sales Tax Report. Please advise any way to rectify. Refer to screenshot below.

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @emeraldtrans ! As a first step I'd recommend checking to make sure the tax you've added is recoverable (click the edit icon on the Sales Taxes page to check if the option is selected). If not, you'll need to recreate the tax as recoverable and apply it to your transactions in order for it to be reported correctly. Please let us know if you have any problems. :)

• AravindAravind Member Posts: 1

Hi...Even after recreating tax as recoverable, tax amount on purchases is zero.

• BritBrit Member Posts: 2

Hello
    this is happening to me as well....

• greencloverfarmsgreencloverfarms Member Posts: 5

I have the same problem..

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Aravind @Brit @greencloverfarms Could you please confirm whether or not that you've created the Sales Tax as recoverable, and make sure that the newly created tax is associated with all the corresponding transactions? Also, another thing to confirm is that you have the correct date range for the report. Please let me know after you've confirmed all of this.

not sure how to make the sales tax recoverable. I only recorded the sales tax that I payed out. and its the correct date range. but I am having all types of issues my accounts receivable and payable

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@greencloverfarms you can see if a tax is set to recoverable or not by clicking Settings > Sales Taxes; however, you should know that this cannot be reversed after the fact. If you have a tax you need to change, you'd need to recreate it accordingly, and re-apply it to your transactions.

ok thank you

• 123123 Member Posts: 3

i have this issue also my tax is set as recoverable but my purchases are not showing in my purchases subject to tax on the sales tax report ,
    Please help

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @123 , did you just change your tax to recoverable? Also, can you confirm that your tax is indeed applied to your purchases? Lastly, I'd double check that you're looking at the right period when checking your report.

Feel free to get back to us if you're still having issues.