Importing bank statement showing wrong transaction order

David_GarciaDavid_Garcia Member Posts: 3

I have imported my CVS bank statement into WAVE and I have experienced an issue with transactions that happened in the same day. The transaction chronological order is wrong.
Ex. I made my first deposit into the account x date, and that very same day I have made a few purchases on my debit card. The purchases come up before the deposit. Besides that, the purchases come up in the wrong order order (last purchase comes first and the first purchase last). However, the order of these transactions is correct in the CVS file. This happens every time I made several transactions in the same date (it has nothing to do with the "date sort feature").

Transactions that happened in different dates come up in the right order.

Would you be able to help me fix it? or would I be able to at least place those transactions in the right order I can keep the same information in both my bank account and the WAVE account?

Thank you,

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @David_Garcia ! Regardless of the order of the transactions in your CSV file, your transactions will populate in Wave with the dates that are listed in the file. To clarify, are the dates correct on your CSV file?

edited October 26, 2020
  • David_GarciaDavid_Garcia Member Posts: 3

Hi Julian,
    The dates are correct but the order of transactions within the same day aren't. I even tried to create those ones manually but they are still being displayed in the wrong order...
    Any chance they come up as in the CSV file order?
    The way the transactions come up in WAVE shows that money was spent before there was even money in the account... As the first transfer I made into the account come up after the first set of purchases, so it looks like there was no money in the account when those purchase were made. Do you understand what I mean?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey again @David_Garcia

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the transactions as they appear in your Wave account? I'm curious how Wave is ordering this in your account and if it has to do with amount, or if it's alphabetized. Thanks so much.

• David_GarciaDavid_Garcia Member Posts: 3

Hi Barsin,

Please see below the screen shot with a few transactions that happened within the same day.

I had no money in the account, then I deposit 500AUD and then I made a few purchases.
    The following transactions supposed to be organised from the oldest (bottom transaction) to the newest (top transaction). However, it displays the transactions in the opposite way.

It doesn't make sense as I couldn't make any purchase without money in the account. As per my previous comments, please notice that:

• The cvs file display the transactions in the correct order
    • Transactions that happened in different days have been displayed correctly. I'm just experiencing this issue with transactions that have happened within the same day.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @David_Garcia

Just reached out to our developers about this and it appears that this is normal behaviour for Wave's transaction import feature. I apologize that there isn't a fix for this however at this time when you import multiple transactions on the same day, they will not appear in the same order as your bank statement.

• neerajaggarwalneerajaggarwal Member Posts: 1

Hey Barsin,

Can you discuss this issue with your Product/business teams to see if they can prioritize a fix for this issue? This is really weird because the end balances after transactions are not in sync with the bank statement which is very important for reconcilliation.