Amounts in Accounting missing in Reconciliation

mdca9mdca9 Member Posts: 1

I am trying to reconcile my books. First 3 months went smooth. These months i did not receive any payments through Wave. Month 4, when i started receiving payment through Wave issue started. I have 7 payments showing up and approved in Accounting section. See image. These amounts don't show up in Reconciliation section and it's the exact amount missing in order to reconcile? The $60 amount is not a Wave payment and it did not have any issues. I did erase what looked like duplicates entries in the Accounting section for these amounts. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong and it is not the software but not sure.

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @mdca , it sounds like your Payments transactions aren't reconciling properly. You mentioned deleting duplicate transactions but I think what happened is that you deleted the transfers that were taking place transferring these amounts out of the Wave Payments holding account (where your missing balances are currently sitting) and into your bank account.

We have an entire Help Center article entitled Automated bookkeeping with Wave Payments which explains exactly how this process works. Moving forward you won't want to actually delete any of the transactions. In regards to these transactions, you will have to recreate them to reinstate the transfers to your bank account. The article posted above should help clarify this process for you.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns!