Options

Deleted bank transactions. How can i get them to re-populate?

paulachendersonpaulachenderson Member Posts: 1

initially when connecting my bank acct the transactions downloaded automatically. can i re-do that after deleting all transactions if i dont want to upload statements? my bank statements are in pdf, not csv.

Tagged:
edited August 30, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    RoKaRoKa Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

I was able to (re)create some transactions manually on a case by case basis. Not practical. Maybe remove your bank connection altogether and reconnect. You pretty much will start from scratch I guess. Alternatively turning ON / OFF a bank account gives you a chance to say from when to reload transactions. Of course, as time goes by, you will loose access to the oldest transactions, depending on how far back your bank allows you to download CSV. So, if you're left with PDFs only, my guess is you're in trouble. I'm curious myself what could be done. Do an OCR scan of the file, bring it in Excel, and emulate a CSV file, maybe.
    Sisyphus

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @paulachenderson.

@KaPo is exactly right. Most banks only allow you to upload past transactions up to a certain number of days. it varies from institution to institution, from 30 to 90 days.

And just like KaPo said, for past transaction, copy-pasting your bank statement information into a CSV file might work, so would running your PDF through an OCR software (I don't have a recommendation, I haven't used OCR software in the past myself, but I don't see why it wouldn't work).