Deposit for multiple invoices when invoices already marked as paid.

JackieCVUSJackieCVUS Member Posts: 2

I realize that "currently in Wave you can't merge a transaction that does not have the same amount and account with another transaction. When you are working with large deposits that cover a few invoices, you would want to wait for the bank imported transaction to arrive in Wave and categorize that as 'Payment received for an invoice'. Then, when the deposit transaction arrives in Wave you can categorize it as needed for invoice payment(s) with out having duplicate invoice payment transactions to deal with."
However, I didn't know this prior. I have received a payment, marked the invoice as paid, then deposited multiple checks together. My bank account sent this 'large deposit regarding multiple payments' as one deposit to Waves and I am unable to merger this with the multiple invoices. What do I do now to correct this error?

edited December 28, 2020 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• JackieCVUSJackieCVUS Member Posts: 2

To solve, I went back into the invoices and "removed" the payment. This then allows me to select the invoices in the transaction area and Waves records the payment making the invoice/deposit/transaction balanced. It would be better if we could merge multiple transactions, however this make it accurate.

• JG77JG77 Member Posts: 1

I have had this similar issue but with bill payments.
    We pay several invoices from our suppliers as one payment. Sometimes those receipts come back with refunds on them due to parts returned. I need to find a way to keep my accounts up to date and accurate by splitting those payments between the different bills which I can do, but how do I record the refund on that same transaction?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @JG77 , you can record a refund on a Bill by categorizing an income transaction in your Transactions page as "Refund received for a Bill in Wave".