Tracking Outgoing Billing Document E-mails to Clients in Wave

JanBBJanBB Member Posts: 11

Hello!

We switched to Wave because it is easier to use than QuickBooks because functionalities are more streamlined.

Over my last 2 years (almost) of using the app, the following questions have been asked for various reasons:

• How do I track invoices and estimates sent to clients?

• Can I see a report of E-mails sent from Wave?

• Can you add a feature for me track outgoing billing documents from Wave? This would make the app easier to use and improve efficiency.

• When I copy myself to the outgoing e-mails from Wave, why don't I see who they go to on my copy? Sometimes, it goes to an organisation which requires multiple recipients to get a document and for them to see who received it. I would have to send outside of Wave and there is no way to verify who it went to from in Wave.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @JanBB

Thanks for your post in our community and I do apologize for the delay in our response as we are currently experiencing a larger than normal support volume.

• Invoice tracking is ideal if you use our customer statements page to track the account activity for your particular clients. With regard to estimates however, we don't have this function as our estimates page requires a bit more updating.
    • Wave does not currently have an email report in app at this time. The only thing you're able to do is hover your cursor over the invoice to see when the invoice was sent and whether it was viewed or not

• At this time we don' have the ability to add this new specific feature. We're always looking for feedback from our customers on how we can improve our software with every update we make. So we appreciate you reaching out about this and you should know that our developers are always parsing through archived tickets looking for feature updates requested by our users. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other improvements you think we could make to our system!

• Since our invoice are sent out from "mailer@waveapps.com" an internal server email, you likely won't be able to have this type of control in viewing the Cc'ed emails. But if you wanted to simply download a copy of the invoice as a PDF and attach it to an email outside of Wave you have this option as well!
  • JanBBJanBB Member Posts: 11

Hello Barsin,

Thanks for your response.

Really what I would like to see is a listing similar to this one,
    (https://us.v-cdn.net/6030557/uploads/editor/fe/jb32rgjsnzjk.png ""), but with outgoing e-mails from Wave, including addressees e-mailed, dates sent and when the e-mail was sent. I just want to have a way of tracking who I send the billing documents to in Wave, especially in the case of organisations who change personnel regularly.

Thanks in advance.