Options

Wave’s PayPal integration is being discontinued

13»

Comments

• Options
    KentSKentS Member Posts: 1

This is a huge disappointment and quite surprising. I assumed any accounting app would support PayPal. Bad on me to assume. I was just in the process of switching to Wave. I'll halt that process and switch to another solution. I just can't believe Wave doesn't offer a PayPal connection. Shocking.

• Options
    knelknel Member Posts: 1

I too would move over to Wave if there was a PayPal account connection. The phrase that comes to mind is out of touch. Wave bills itself as the "all-in-one money management software for small business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers," and yet no integration with PayPal for Business, Square, Stripe, Clover, and most recently Venmo for Business—which is how small businesses get paid.

(Incidentally, Venmo for Business appears to positioned to be the preferred processor for small businesses due to the low interchange of 1.9% + $0.10.)

Instead of being concerned about getting users to use Wave Payments (2.9% + $0.30) they should be working to seemlessly integrate the most popular payment processors, and then watch as new users flock to the platform because it really is aggregating all into one.

edited January 18, 2022
  • Options
    ObsydianObsydian Member Posts: 1

This is ridiculous. I relyed on waveapps for my taxes, and I'm just NOW finding out it was discontinued and I don't have any updates for the entirety of 2021. I'm not sure what to do now.

• Options
    detailingkingdetailingking Member Posts: 9

@PaulC

For this option given what is the actual process would we import as bank transaction? Do we then have to setup Paypal as a bank? Could you walk us through this more?
    **Wave Connect****
    Upload your PayPal transactions with Wave Connect, Wave’s free Google Sheets add-on. Export data from your PayPal account to a Google spreadsheet, then use Wave Connect to import that data to Wave.

edited February 2, 2022
  • Options
    phillymusicphillymusic Member Posts: 1

Was setting up an account when I found out about the Paypal situation. This is ridiculous — it's PAYPAL! Lost a customer. I'd rather pay Xero than use a free total hassle.

How can you care about your customers if you leave out basic functionalities that your competition has integrated seamlessly (receipts added to invoices)? Bad business.