Cannot connect Bank of America account

Steven74Steven74 Member Posts: 1

I'm new to Wave. Sent an invoice to a client, which they have now paid. I tried to connect my BofA account. It takes the account details and then I select send a text (the phone number is correct) but no text ever arrives. Tried it multiple times yesterday and today. How can I connect an account?

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Steven74 !

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your bank connection/ connecting your payout account. I see that you have submit a ticket request to our support team. I have since notified them to expedite a response. One of our support agents will follow-up with you as soon as possible! Thank you for your patience.

• ken_bail3yken_bail3y Member Posts: 8

It has been 2 weeks since B of A synched. There have been many transactions since that time and these bank accounts have been linked for over a year successfully. We have accounts at other banks that are continuing to synch automatically. We tried to delete the connection and reconnect but the system will not allow it due to a payout link. However the system does not accept out attempts to change to an alternative account and bank so we have been unable to try a reboot solution.

edited December 17, 2020
  • neatfreakneatfreak Member Posts: 1

Is anyone else having Bank of America connectivity issues again? My account has been updating all year but all of a sudden, no transactions will update after 11/20/2020. I tried to export my statement for date ranges as a .csv and Wave won't accept the format (even after I set up the columns as they referenced). Naturally, it's end of tax year AND PPP loan forgiveness time. Need to get this solved asap!

edited December 17, 2020
  • EricMMEricMM Member Posts: 1
    Same! BofA not working for me. Except I’m able to delete and reconnect, still doesn’t work. Any updates from WaveApps?
  • dyusadyusa Member Posts: 1

This is happening to me too. I disconnected and reconnected the accounts (importing from Nov 19 onwards) and still nothing. I spoke to that useless AI bot who put in a Support Team request 2 days ago and I've had no response. I too would appreciate some assistance with this please!

• Andy4525Andy4525 Member Posts: 2

Same here. Seems to be only with Bank of America. I had to put a ticket in yesterday to Wave support. Don't know how long it will take them to respond. It would be nice if Wave would send post a notification when you sign in indicating that they are working on this issue with Bank of America. I'll need to wait for them to respond to my support ticket. I sent it in yesterday afternoon. They so far have sent me an email stating that they received my ticket and will be working on it. They don't give an estimated response time.

• KelseaKelsea Member Posts: 3

I am also having the same issue - on here looking for support!
    I am need solved ASAP as well. I will submit a ticket as well.

• neatfreakneatfreak Member Posts: 1

How do all of us BofA people WAVE to wave and get their attention to help with this issue. Clearly it's not just one or two people. Seems like a bigger issue and we're all kind of stuck until they can help. I spent 20 mins on phone with BofA yesterday and they said they can't do anything about it. Perhaps more of a Plaid issue but there is no way to reach out to them for support.

• TwoGemsTwoGems Member Posts: 1

Same here. no updates since November 18. I have been with Wave for 8 years, through some pretty rough changes on both our parts, but this might just be the deal-breaker. At the very least there should be some acknowledgement to the customer base for problems with large institutions.

• ken_bail3yken_bail3y Member Posts: 8
    I totally agree. 3 years for me. Already looking for alternatives. But it’s such a pain to change. For me the single most important reason to stick with wave is the auto update feature.
  • KelseaKelsea Member Posts: 3

Agreed! I was unable to locate where we are able to submit a ticket.. @Andy4525 Do you mind sharing how to do so?? Thanks!

• Andy4525Andy4525 Member Posts: 2
  • RogerbozRogerboz Member Posts: 1

I just checked and all my transactions just loaded. Looks like Wave resolved the issue.

• MstrtrainerMstrtrainer Member Posts: 2

I agree. I am a new user and there is NO response from the WAVE Team what so ever. My transaction syncs (5 accounts) started ~Nov 20 and nothing since. Should I have to look for another provider. I can only put this non-syncing issue on HOLD for only a little while longer...

Very dissappointed...

• LucielLuciel Member Posts: 8

I can't remember how many times the connection to the bank has been disrupted since this year, maybe 4 or 5? What is really frustrating is this time is close to the end of this year, and there is no sign the sync will be back to work in time!

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I'm sorry that you're having trouble syncing with Bank of America and I completely understand how frustrating this is to get your bookkeeping done. For us to look into your individual connections, please submit a ticket to our Support team.

In the meantime, we do have manual import options which make getting your bookkeeping done a lot easier. Check out our integration with Google Sheets called Wave Connect which will save you time from entering in each transaction manually.