Options

Create Business Through API

FretlessFretless Member Posts: 2

Hi,
Is there a way to create a new business under an account using the API? In order to keep things clean, it'd be best to just create a new business per user to keep products and whatnot separate from their main business, where I would be writing and reading products, customers, etc :smile: no problem if not! Would just reduce error on my end, and user error :smile: Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PaulCPaulC Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

This is not a feature of the API, and not something we would expect to ever add.

Note the vast majority of use-cases supporting multiple users require authentication via OAuth, where the OAuth token is bound to a specific user-and-business combination. Adding new businesses would not be at all consistent with this model.

Hope that makes sense.

• Options
    Linda_ByrneLinda_Byrne Member Posts: 13 admin

Hi @Fretless,
    Unfortunately it is not possible to create businesses using the API.

It may not be the best idea to separate out products and customers by business if they are indeed for the same business. Accounts can't be shared across businesses so it may be difficult to understand the true account balances if you need to do it across many businesses.

Best regards,
    Linda

• Options
    FretlessFretless Member Posts: 2

Thank you! Sorry, I don't know how I didn't know this but I just found out about income accounts, which does exactly what I was thinking 🤦‍♂️ been a Wave user for quite some time and just now noticed... Thanks for the quick replies and again sorry for the silly question!