New user - help training

RonWoodRonWood Member Posts: 2
I am new to Wave and accounting software in general. I need to go back and enter 2019 and 2020 info. I feel it may be best to wait and connect bank/cc accounts once I am caught up. Can someone direct me to "getting started" guides or video tutorials. Any help, feedback, etc would be very appreciated. Thank u

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@RonWood,
    When I've assisted clients in setting up, I will try and connect the bank first to see how far back Wave can get transactions. Sometimes it can grab a couple of years. If not, best bet is to try and get everything into a csv file. That way it can be imported. Create a csv for each account i.e. checking and credit card. If you opt to do the csv route, you will need to enter the opening balances of each account. This is done via journal entry. For example: On 1/1/2019 you $3,425 in the checking account and a credit card liability on the same date of 836. Your journal entry would be
    Debit (cash) Checking account 3425
    Credit (liab) credit card 836
    Credit Owners equity 2589
    Since credit card statements do not typically cut off the last day, you may have to compute the balance by adding and subtracting charges and payments from the statement in Dec 2018.

• RonWoodRonWood Member Posts: 2
    Thank you @Mikeg. It was so kind of you to offer your knowledge. This is all new and a little daunting as well since I am playing catch up. I need all the help I can get😁.