Running a Report on a Product and Service

BethanyDBethanyD Member Posts: 2

How do I run a report on a product and service? One of my invoice lines is a Delivery/Installation Charge. It is tax exempt but I must report it. How do I find these easily?

Comments

• LPG_Preschool_2020LPG_Preschool_2020 Member Posts: 5

Hello,
    Wave is a great simple accounting system but still, somewhat limited in comparison to high-end programs like Macola, MS-GP, MASS 90, and a few other Accounting/ERP’s where an administrator of the db can create custom queries and reports. I was not able to locate a report like you are suggesting that would pull a line item from invoices and provide a total YTD. Here is a small workaround that I found that may help.
    1) Keep your descriptions and product line items as consistently named as possible for easy searching on keywords like a discount, refund, installation, etc.
    2) Head over to Reports / Account Transactions and setup your parameters
    Example: Account=Sales / Date Range= 2020 / Report Type=Accrual / Contact=All
    3) In the upper right corner you will see “Export” with a drop-down arrow, select CSV and export the report to your desktop and open with MS Excel or Open Office. (Excel for this example)
    4) DELETE lines 1,2,3,4, and 6,7 leaving you with a HEADER line at the top row
    5) Click the 1 on the left to highlight ROW 1 of your sheet
    6) Click the ‘View tab’ in Excel and select ‘Freeze Panes / Freeze top row’
    7) Click the ‘Home tab’ and select ‘Sort & Filter’ click ‘Filter’
    8) This will place drop-down arrows on each header description. Select the dropdown arrow for ‘Description’
    9) Under text filters In the search line put a keyword like ‘ Installation ‘ and click OK
    10) You can build on this in several ways with additional text filters or sorts.
    11) Example: Text Filter = Contains - Customer Name ‘and’ Contains – Installation
    This will then show all results for Customer X that you provided Service Y
    Hope this is helpful.
    I learn something new every day so I must not know everything.