Options

Multiple Rental Properties Credit card reconciliation

GautamGautam Member Posts: 13

I have a question on how you reconcile the Bank & Credit card transactions if I setup 3 businesses for my 3 rentals?
As suggested in this thread, I will setup each rental as a separate business in Wave.
https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/18186#Comment_18186

1. Say I have setup 3 separate new businesses for my 3 rental properties., as suggested.
  2. I have one Chase Bank account and one VISA CC account for my One LLC that holds all 3 rentals.
  3. Now, when I charge my VISA for items for my 3 rentals ( paint, wood, drywall, etc.) and have say 15 transactions total for all 3 properties, how do I reconcile when I import the transactions directly from my CHASE bank? As I assume, I have to import the transactions for the same VISA card for all 3 rental business accounts that I setup. but for property 1 only maybe 5 transactions are related to that property out of my total 15 transactions for all 3 properties.

TIA
PS: I have posted this in an OLD thread and did not get any response, so reposting the question.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Gautam , in full transparency there's no easy way to reconcile this as each rental property (business in Wave) is going to show only some transactions and your credit card statement is going to show the sum of all income and expense transactions for all rental properties. The only way to handle this would be to manually add up the totals on your statement to align it with your Wave account.

edited December 22, 2020
  • Options
    GautamGautam Member Posts: 13

IThanks for the response.
    Is there a plan to support rental RE business in the future?
    I am sure there are lots of users with Rental income and want to track income/expenses via Wave.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Gautam , at the moment we don't have any short-term plans to support rental property accounting.

edited December 30, 2020