Lost Transaction Categories

TusharTushar Member Posts: 1

I have lost transaction categories for over 200 transactions.
I had selected transaction categories manually for over 200 transactions over past weekend. Past weekend my transaction account balances were matching with associated bank accounts. Today, I see that all of the transaction categories I had selected as well as a bunch of transaction categories for entries from 2019 and earlier are gone. Also, the transaction account balance dont match with bank account.
This is a major problem with this software. Has anyone faced such issue and is there a way to bring back what I had saved?

edited December 28, 2020 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Tushar , I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'm afraid that I've never heard of this happening before and that there's no way to revert changes or go back in time to a specific period in the software. You will have to make these changes manually again 😔.

• PatrickTunniPatrickTunni Member Posts: 2

I just signed in and found that about 40 transactions that were categorized in 2020 and 2021 lost their categorization. I keep up on my accounting in wave week to week. Is wave going to recatagorize these transactions overnight or something? I certainly don't look forward to doing my years accounting over again.