Overtime and double time fees

Izzy123Izzy123 Member Posts: 2

I own a plumbing business and I am the sole employee/owner of this business that is open 24/7. I charge a 1.5x overtime fee for work started after 5 pm during the weekdays and a 2x fee for work done on Sundays and holidays. I usually apply this to the final total if the job is completed within 1 day. It would be nice to have a feature that adds these fees to the final total. Currently, to work around this, I will add it as a sales tax to each individual service as 50% or 100%. It would be great to have a fee addition option to the total instead of adding a tax to each individual service. For example, if my subtotal is $2,000, there should be a labeled Overtime Fee option that adds 1.5x the subtotal so the final total is $3000. It should automatically calculate 1.5x original price so the amount column looks like this: subtotal: $2000, overtime fee $1000, final total: $3000. If this is a feature I somehow missed or if there is a better way to do that without adding a sales tax currently, please let me know.

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@Izzy123,
    Why not add a separate service billing rate for each under product and services. So for example, let's say your normal rate is $65 per hour. You would have 3 labor services billing descriptions under your invoicing.
    Hourly Services @ 65 under rate (regular billing)
    Emergency Hourly Services @ 97.50 (billing after 5pm M-Sat)
    Sunday and Holiday Services @ 130 (billing for Sun and holidays)
    Another billing code can be used for parts and supplies
    I'd stay away from using the sales tax code as that would be confusing and possibly create a sales tax issue.

edited December 11, 2020