Receipt Entries and Bank Statement Entries

DreamRidesDetailingDreamRidesDetailing Member Posts: 3

I am new to Wave and am finally getting a handle on reconciling. Every time I make a purchase, I use the Receipts App to capture the receipt. When I go in to reconcile, I see duplicate purchases: My receipt entry and then the bank statement entry which is always a couple of days later. It looks like a double purchase. Is there a way to merge those two entries? Do I delete the manually entered line from the Receipts App? Will this cause my digital receipt to be deleted? I am sure its something simple that I am missing. Thanks!

edited December 29, 2020 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• ShokuPShokuP Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same problem. I make manual entries and then bank entries get synced and I'm stuck with duplicates. Hoping someone has a good answer!

• DreamRidesDetailingDreamRidesDetailing Member Posts: 3

I actually figured it out. On the left are check boxes. Check both boxes and then click MERGE located just above the list. Another example I had was a split invoice from an Amazon purchase. I had two receipt entries from the split invoice and then I also had the debit from the bank (total of three items). I checked all three and merged them. Seemed to work great.

• Nastasia_YNastasia_Y Member Posts: 2

I understand you can merge the two entries (bank transaction and the receipt), but there must be an easier way to add a receipt to a transaction. It seems you can't just go to the bank transaction, edit, and just add a receipt. You have to create a separate entry for the receipt (through the Receipts app or manually typing in all the information AGAIN), find the duplicate, and THEN click merge. Why can't I just add a receipt to the transaction? Or at the very least, if there was something to the software that "flags" possible duplicate entries for you, which you can then merge or leave as is. That would be amazing!

edited December 30, 2020