Can I manually enter PayPal transactions?

LisaW_2LisaW_2 Member Posts: 2

I'm bummed that Wave will no longer be integrated with PayPal. It's not a huge source of transactions, but it means more work for us. Does anyone know how I can manually enter PayPal transactions or can I upload a CSV?

Thanks

edited December 29, 2020 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @LisaW_2 , you can definitely upload a .csv through our transactions page. ALternatively, I may suggest uploading your statement through our free Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect as it will even check your transactions for you ahead of the upload to ensure that everything is formatted correctly.

• mommyof4grlzmommyof4grlz Member Posts: 21

Where can I find the information on the removal of PayPal? I didn't receive anything about this...

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @mommyof4grlz !

Our Product team sent out an email about the discontinuation of our Paypal integration on November 5th, 2020. It may have landed in your junk folder if you didn't see it in your inbox.

• bruce1bruce1 Member Posts: 9

This is less painful than manually splitting deposits and it should work. Download your needed Paypal CSV file, Auto sum the Paypal fees column. Create a new transaction on the last row "Date", "Description (Paypal fees)" and the "$" (autosum total) in the deposit column. Then import to Wave. Be sure to back up your work before and maybe rename the description entries (add an X to each) to identify the entry. It worked on this months sales, we'll see what happens in Feb. while trying to find a replacement for W.