Detailed General Ledger Can't Do Chronological Order By Date

MarshallFreemanMarshallFreeman Member Posts: 7

The detailed general ledger sort its transactions by alphabet or automatically done, but it will be more helpful if the transactions can be sorted out by Date or in Chronological Order, for instance, from the newest transaction to the oldest transaction.

I wish that waveapps accounting will add the feature for the convenience of all users.

Thank you very much! :)

edited April 10, 2018 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @MarshallFreeman.

The general ledger is sorted by date, from earliest to latest, by default. It's also separated by account. Are you seeing things sorted differently? Can you give me a screenshot of your report?

• MarshallFreemanMarshallFreeman Member Posts: 7

Yes, I seem to have issue with the sorting.

Hi, @MarshallFreeman.

I did some more digging and found out that entries in the general ledger in the old version of Wave are ordered by entry date, not by date of the transaction. This is something that is fixed in the new version. You can expect your transaction to be ordered correctly once your business is migrated over.

I am sorry, I don't follow you, what does it mean by migrated over?

Hi, @MarshallFreeman.

I mean when your account is switched over to the new version, everything should be in chronological order then. I can't give you an exact timeline as to when that'll be done, but it should be within the next few months.

Alright, thank you for the clarification :)

Good day to you Alexia, it seems like few months have passed and the brand of wave is released too, the detailed general ledger record still does not show in chronological order nor has the function to sort them. In other words, still the same :)

@Alexia said:
    Hi, @MarshallFreeman.

I mean when your account is switched over to the new version, everything should be in chronological order then. I can't give you an exact timeline as to when that'll be done, but it should be within the next few months.

• SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @MarshallFreeman as you note, the rebrand is not the same as account migration. Our our team is working at speed to migrate accounts as soon as possible - thank you for your patience :)

Okay dokay :) > @Sophia said:

Hi @MarshallFreeman as you note, the rebrand is not the same as account migration. Our our team is working at speed to migrate accounts as soon as possible - thank you for your patience :)

• WingWing Member Posts: 2

@Sophia said:

Hi @Sophia , how is the accounts migration? I am preparing our company's financial report, it is hard to view transactions in a random order. :/

• SammyHSammyH Member Posts: 12 admin

@Wing said:

@Sophia said:

Hi @Sophia , how is the accounts migration? I am preparing our company's financial report, it is hard to view transactions in a random order. :/

Hi @MarshallFreeman! Thank you for your patience as we're working to migrate everyone. We're in the final stages now, and continue to strive to give you the best possible experience in Wave. I can't give you the exact date yet, but just know that it's happening very soon.