Options

Bank Account Integration - Plaid - "This connection isn't working"

cg0789cg0789 Member Posts: 1

I have had my bank account (Azlo) setup with WaveApps for a few months, as of a few weeks ago, the connection stopped working. I did not change my username or password on the banking site. When I try to re-enter my credentials, it says "username or password is incorrect".

Does anyone know if there is an active issue with Plaid and the integration with Azlo?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ejwllcejwllc Member Posts: 6

I am having a similar issue with my Azlo account. For me It shows it's an active "connected account", but doesn't import any transactions, and does not show a balance on the "Connected Accounts" page at all. I've been nervous to remove the account or re-add the account, but this sure is frustrating.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @cg0789 !

It looks like your bank connection issue has since been resolved via your ticket request. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach back out. :smile:

Hello @ejwllc !

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Azlo bank connection. For next steps, please submit ticket request to our support team so one of our agents can investigate your connection as soon as possible.

• Options
    ejwllcejwllc Member Posts: 6
    It looks like Azlo's bank connection with Wave is working again. Thanks for giving my comment some attention!
  • Options
    TLCINC_18TLCINC_18 Member Posts: 19

I have constant bank connection issues with Plaid. When I was informed by Waveapps that the problem was on my bank's end and how they handle the connection, I emailed them about it. Ultimately it came down to 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) being the problem for the constant, dropped bank connections in Wave. Apparently, Plaid has no way to deal with it.

For the user this is a serious problem. Plaid integration has to be 2FA compatible. The solution from my bank was to turn off 2FA! That's not a solution, that's a work-around which removes a layer of security on a user's personal financial safety.

So I will monitor the bank connection with a security feature turned off just to see if it works.

IMO: If Wave is gonna say "it's not us", my bank says "it's not us". In that case it's Plaid. But since Waves contracted Plaid for the bank connection, then yeah, it's you that needs to solve the problem.

TLDR; Plaid may drop connection to your bank account if your use 2FA with your bank.

edited June 17, 2021
  • Options
    UserNameisTakenUserNameisTaken Member Posts: 14

IMO: If Wave is gonna say "it's not us", my bank says "it's not us". In that case it's Plaid. But since Waves contracted Plaid for the bank connection, then yeah, it's you that needs to solve the problem.

I agree. Wave is essentially packaging their service with Plaid. They can't separate it out and say "golly gee, if only Plaid weren't terrible!" whenever there are problems.