Bug: total is correct in one place and incorrect in another

KevinKKevinK Member Posts: 8

About 1.5 weeks ago I noticed my Stripe balance didn't match that of my Wave Stripe account. Manually adding the weeks' orders everything was correct so I figured it was a Wave bug and that it would fix itself (because that has happened 2 or 3 times before, sadly).

Today I've wasted 2 hours trying to reconcile to confirm that it is not an issue on my end and to figure out what's going on. I've come to the conclusion that it is in fact a bug in Wave because the total is correct in one location but not another.

When I view the Account Balances it is incorrect by one transaction (yes, all of them are check-marked)

Whenever I view the Account Transactions (the running list of all transactions in that account) and scroll all the way to the bottom to see the totals... I see that the total is correct and the 'missing' transaction is in fact included. The balance is correct and what I'm expecting.

Please advise on how I can get this bug fixed.

Comments

• rbensonwarbensonwa Member Posts: 3

has there been an answer to this question? My transactions and Dashboard stopped matching this month, I don't see the transactions I'm looking for anywhere in the system, and yet the dashboard accurately reflects my bank balance--

• KevinKKevinK Member Posts: 8

Unfortunately, the issue still exists on my end as well... and I have not heard a thing from the Wave team.

I was cutting them some slack because of the holidays. Though, it would be a shame if no one responds this week. I'm trying to prepare for taxes and this software discrepancy certainly does not help.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @KevinK !

It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other, and this is why you are seeing discrepancies in the numbers between different pages.

I have triggered an accounting data fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix. I hope this helps!

Hello @rbensonwa !

After doing some digging on the back end, I'm afraid that you are faced with a different issue than Kevin. Have you tried reconciling your accounts? I suggest trying this first if you haven't already.

I recommend taking a look through this guide on reconciling to help you with the process.

edited January 5, 2021

@JulianP Thanks! I'll check later tonight (to give it plenty of time) and will report back here if the issue still appears.

Do I need to clear my cache or do anything else with my account to ensure it works/refreshes?

Cheers,
    Kevin

It appears to be fixed now. Thanks again, @JulianP