HSBC Canada

wkrinskywkrinsky Member Posts: 2

Hi, I am attempting to connect Wave accounting to my HSBC Canada bank accounts. I see the option for HSBC Canada is available, but I am not able to ever get it to connect as it continues to tell me to try again later.

Is this a known issue?

edited January 7, 2021 in Bank Connections

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @wkrinsky , it looks like our data aggregator who runs these connections is seeing outages with HSBC Canada which is why you're unable to link your account.

Until this connection is fixed, we have some great options to help you bulk upload your transactions to ensure your books are kept up-to-date. These upload methods are much quicker than creating each transaction manually.

If you have months of missing transactions or you only want to categorize your transactions infrequently, you can upload bank statements from Accounting > Transactions using the More button in the top-right corner. You can find a list of supported file types in the tool itself or in our Help Center article here.

If you’d like more frequent updates or don’t have access to statements in a supported file type, you can also try using Wave Connect, our free Google Sheets add-on made for importing and exporting your accounting data. You can find a complete guide for how to get started with that here

edited January 7, 2021
  • wkrinskywkrinsky Member Posts: 2

Hi @AlexL
    Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately, HSBC Canada historical statements are pdf downloads and won't upload easily to Wave.

Do you expect to have this integration back working in a reasonable time frame?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @wkrinsky !

Unfortunately, because of the nature of this issue, Plaid is unable to give an estimated fix date right now. Circling back to your bank statements only being in PDF format, a lot of our users like to use this third party PDF to CSV convertor as a workaround. Feel free to try it out!

edited January 14, 2021