Cannot connect Bluevine to Wave

Robl45Robl45 Member Posts: 3

I have used Wave for a number of years. Never had a problem connecting bank account. I setup an account with Bluevine just now and the connection keeps telling me my account is locked out when I'm logging in to bluevine on the site just fine. Any ideas?

Comments

• Robl45Robl45 Member Posts: 3

Just tried in quickbooks, worked instantly.

edited January 7, 2021
  • rgaynorrgaynor Member Posts: 5

I am receiving the same error and my account on Bluevine is working fine!

• Robl45Robl45 Member Posts: 3

I called bluevine and they said they didn't do anything, but it miraculously worked while I was still on the phone with them.

• rgaynorrgaynor Member Posts: 5

You can't make this stuff up, but I called Bluevine and while talking to the person I got it to work. She also said she did nothing on her end. If they are telling the truth, I wonder if when they have your account open on their system, it opens up access. Seems weird but mine is now resolved.

• ejwllcejwllc Member Posts: 6

I'm having the same problem. I haven't contacted Bluevine yet though...

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @ejwllc!

I've taken a look on the back end, and I can see that this error preventing you from connecting is one that often occurs when account access is locked, due to multiple unsuccessful attempts to log in. This is to prevent unwanted access.

It can also occur when there is some user action required on your online banking portal, before access can be granted. This could be something simple such as clicking on an informational pop-up, or accepting new terms of service.

The solution to this is to log in to your online bank account, confirm that the attempt to access your account was allowed, or take any necessary actions to grant access. You may also need to update your log in credentials.

Hope this helps! If not, feel free to send as an email and we can troubleshoot further.

edited January 28, 2021
  • ejwllcejwllc Member Posts: 6
    Hi KiahD! Thanks for responding. I tried to add the account again and everything went very smoothly with Plaid this time. Thank you!!
  • Sleeping_Cat_BooksSleeping_Cat_Books Member Posts: 6

Glad to see I'm not the only one, at least. This error occurred out of the blue. There was no unsuccessful attempt to log in. The connection between Wave and my BlueHost account just stopped working. I got the error message about my account being locked the very first time I tried to reconnect it. How can the first attempt, with absolutely correct login information, be too may attempts???

I've tried changing my BlueVine password and then trying to reconnect through Wave, but that didn't work. There is no indication in my BlueVine account that there is any issue. BlueVine customer support doesn't see an issue. This is clearly on the Wave side. Please correct this problem or I'll be forced to find another payment processor that doesn't drop bank account connections. Unacceptable.

edited February 16, 2021
  • Sleeping_Cat_BooksSleeping_Cat_Books Member Posts: 6

From Wave support on 2/17/21:

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Unfortunately, there is indeed an issue with our BlueVine integration. Our data aggregator is working with BlueVine directly to resolve this. We don't have an ETA on a fix but we hope to see this resolved soon.

When the fix is rolled out, any accounts already connected to Wave should start importing automatically from the day the integration is repaired. For any new connections, I recommend trying to link your account periodically from Banking **> **Connected Accounts to test it.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Sleeping_Cat_Books , I just responded to your post in a different thread outlining the difference between your bank being used to import transactions and your bank being used to receive payouts.