Deleted transactions recovery

Robyn_Rose_Ph0t0Robyn_Rose_Ph0t0 Member Posts: 1

Hi,
I accidentally deleted a couple of transactions - is there a way to recover them?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Robyn_Rose_Ph0t0.

Unfortunately, no. Because of our privacy policies, any transaction deleted by our users is removed forever, we do not keep records of them.

You'll have to add them back manually. I would suggest comparing your transactions to your bank statement to find the missing transactions. You should be able to find what's missing that way.

• bathugeobathugeo Member Posts: 8

It can't be true that you're not keeping a record because otherwise the records would restore themselves every time to you synced with your bank. As this doesn't appear to happen you must be keeping a record somehow.

Also this is really rubbish from a usability point-of-view. It doesn't even ask you if you're sure you want to delete something. It just deletes it straight away. I clicked on the bin icon in the transaction detail pane because I thought I was deleting the transaction detail not the transaction itself. It also would be pretty easy to delete multiple transactions by mistake.

Also, I see that deleting the transaction doesn't actually delete it completely. I re-added it, as per your advice above, and now when I do a customer statement, the payment is showing twice even though it is no longer in the transaction list. Please could you tell us how to either fully delete a transaction or to restore it?

Hi, @bathugeo,

It seems like there's a different issue with this seemingly duplicated transaction. It's difficult to say what might be happening without being able to see it. If you click on the invoice in question, you should see a list of the payments recorded to that invoice under the "Get Paid" header. Do you have two payments there? If you do, those payments should also match with entries on the transactions page.

I went ahead and ran an automated detect and fix function on your account. It might find the source of the problem here and resolve it itself.

Hi, thanks for the reply. The auto-fix function doesn't seem to have done anything. The payments on the invoice didn't match the transactions page, so I deleted the one on the invoice manually. This seems to have fixed it now although I hope some other account isn't now out-of-balance. Thanks for your help.

Happy to offer my help, @bathugeo.

Your best protection against errors like this slipping into your accounting is frequent reconciliation. It's always a good idea to compare all of your transactions in Wave to your bank statement to make sure everything matches up. Errors, of the technical or the human variety, can sometimes escape notice on a first pass.

In any case, I'm glad to hear this seems to have resolved the issue. If you run into anything else, make sure to reach out!

Thank for this but just for the record, I don't think this was my error but a bug in Wave. When I deleted a transaction it didn't delete the corresponding payments against an invoice. This meant that when I re-added the transaction, there were duplicate payments against the same invoice. Reconciling against my bank statement wouldn't have helped because the transaction list was correct but there were payments against an invoice which weren't showing on the transaction list.

• CarolB2006CarolB2006 Member Posts: 1

Hey, I don't know if this is the same thing but I have a question. If someone makes a transaction and I need to pay them, first will it pay them back? Two how?