Options

Wave receipts app not longer available?

Jon_SAJon_SA Member Posts: 1

The app is currently stuck in "offline" mode, and when looking to update it / delete and reinstall, I get a "This app is currently not available in your country or region" error. Any thoughts? Or was the app just removed from the store?

Using an iPhone 7, iOS 14.3
Based in South Africa

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jon_SA !

I'm afraid that this is related to Wave's discontinued international support. To learn more, check out our Community discussion on this here.

• Options
    movingmattermovingmatter Member Posts: 2

So, now there's not an app to upload receipts? This was such a helpful app and service. Bummer that you've discontinued it. How can we integrate an app service that uploads receipts from the phone that works with your new setup / layout?

• Options
    KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @movingmatter ,

To clarify, you can still upload receipts from your phone! The difference here is that instead of using the mobile app, you can log in to your Wave account from your mobile browser, and attach a receipt to an existing transactions, or create a new one and add the receipt.

However, this functionality doesn't allow you to upload a receipt and have the details automatically filled out as before. Whilst we don't have a third-party app that directly integrates with Wave to do so, we do have an integration with Zapier, which may have an integration which does allow you to.

• Options
    ThomasDalyThomasDaly Member Posts: 15

Even if you still have the receipts app installed on your phone, it is now impossible to access receipts scanned on it via the desktop Wave app?

• Options
    GoranBGoranB Member Posts: 9

There is no longer Receipts link under Purchases drop down menu in browser version. How do we merge receipts scanned in the mobile app?

• Options
    rlecuyerrlecuyer Member Posts: 1
    Very sad to see this alteration to the wave apps. Receipts as it was was just awesome! Capture, move on… The new process seems much more tedious!
  • Options
    FlopbotFlopbot Member Posts: 27

Greetings,

Interesting...so Wave got rid of the receipt app called Wave Receipts. As of my post, it's still in the Amazon App store but not in the Apple App store. So, following the suggestion of @KiahD , I added a link to the Web App on my iPad and tried uploading a receipt directly through there. It seemed a bit glitchy - took three (3) attempts to get it to save. I haven't been using Wave long enough to know if this is normal or a fluke. Has anyone been uploading receipts in this way for awhile? If so, do you have any suggestions to make uploading receipts as painless as possible?
    Thank you!

• Options
    GoranBGoranB Member Posts: 9

I'm guessing that this feature will be reintroduced in the future at a cost. It worked too well and was too convenient to simply discard it.