Options

Upload a Bank Statement redirects to maintenance mode page

phil_petticanphil_pettican Member Posts: 2

When trying to upload a bank statement, it redirects to a "We're in maintenance mode" page. This has been like this the last couple of times I have tried so I'm not sure if I'm really unlucky or something has broken? Wave status page reports "All Systems Operational".

Steps to replicate:
1. Navigate to Accounting > Transactions
2. Click on More > Upload a bank statement
3. Choose file and select Payment account from dropdown
4. Click Upload
5. Wave redirects to "We're in maintenance mode" page

Tagged:
edited January 14, 2021 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @phil_pettican !

In cases like these, the first thing I like to try and do is a little bit of browser troubleshooting, as often times the issue is with the browser and not with Wave.

Can you confirm that you are uploading a supported file type? Wave supports the following files:

• Microsoft Money (.OFX)
    • QuickBooks (.QBO)
    • Quicken (.QFX)
    • Simply Accounting (.ASO)
    • Comma-Separated Variable (.CSV)

If your file is longer than 100 rows, try to cut it down so it doesn't exceed 100.

If all of the above suggestions don't help you resolve your issue, Wave offers another method to import and upload your transactions manually. You can learn more below:

edited January 19, 2021
  • Options
    phil_petticanphil_pettican Member Posts: 2

Hi @JulianP , I tried your suggestion of using Wave Connect and I was able to import the transactions successfully.

Thank you!

• Options
    brklynbrklyn Member Posts: 2

It can be if you have special characters in the "description" column. It does not like / or commas.

Instead of verifying the content and giving a sensible error message, it crashes. So check your file and remove punctuation marks and special characters eg.

ACME, Inc becomes ACME Inc
    ACME/Inc becomes ACME Inc

edited February 17, 2021
  • Options
    twarsontwarson Member Posts: 1

@JulianP

If your file is longer than 100 rows, try to cut it down so it doesn't exceed 100.

This is the first time/place, after many hours of searching and dealing with a useless help-bot, that I have found this information.

Are you saying that the CSV/Bank statement upload feature is limited to 100 rows?

The Wave documentation doesn't specify this anywhere. (or any other limits on record length, file size, unsupported characters, etc.)
    Being redirected to a "Wave is in Maintenance Mode" is not helpful as an error page either...

If all of the above suggestions don't help you resolve your issue, Wave offers another method to import and upload your transactions manually. You can learn more below:

I can understand the recommendation towards Wave Connect as a stop-gap, but this is an insufficient solution for all users. Some of us can't use Google Sheets (or don't want to). Between Plaid's inability to negotiate with bank providers (ahem Capital One), and Wave forcing people to use Google/Zapier to create connections and integrations, you are severely limiting your users.

Either update your features, or update your documentation so users know the exact limitations of your product, please.