Options

Ability to show discounts and taxes after subtotal

BoundarylessJedBoundarylessJed Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

Hello Wave Team. For invoices, it would be awesome to be able to provide a subtotal to the customer after adding up their services and products, before applying taxes or discounts. This helps them see the true value of what they are purchasing, and then they can see the final total after discounts and taxes are applied. Is it possible to add an option to insert the subtotal before discount and tax items are added to the invoice?

Comments

• Options
    SambruceSambruce Member Posts: 3

I too totally agree with this.
    The current method of adding a discount as an item has the following flaws:

• The discount is not obvious enough for the customer to appreciate its value
    • The negative sign (-) is not shown

Suggested solution:
    Add an option to add a discount after the subtotal.
    Making it obvious enough for customers.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Happy to hear your suggestions on improvements. I can't myself comment on whether these can be implemented, but your feature ideas have been noted and recorded. Thanks!

• Options
    VirgilVirgil Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

Highly required!

This could also be used in the reverse. For instance, it is not uncommon to charge a "project management fee" at 10% of the value of the project.

So what we need is to subtotal all line items, and then apply either a positive or negative % on top of this. If negative, it is a discount. If positive, it is a value-based further fee.

• Options
    _Derek__Derek_ Member Posts: 62 ✭✭

Yes - this is needed! Needs to be implemented in estimates as well.

• Options
    CookieTruthCookieTruth Member Posts: 1
    I agree this feature is needed. Currently square invoicing is more efficient and that's a shame because Wave is so great.
  • Options
    PMONPMON Member Posts: 4

Please add this. I used it ALL THE TIME in Quickbooks and on my old Excel invoices. It's a bit disappointing that Wave hasn't figured it out yet.