Options

Scotiabank accounts no longer syncing

geoteogeoteo Member Posts: 5

For over a week my Scotiabank accounts are no longer syncing with Wave. I did notice that SB recently added multi-factor signin using security questions. I tried turning sync on/off but that didn't help. Would removing the connection altogether and renewing the sync work? Or is this a matter of patience as Wave's integration provider figures things out with SB? Thanks.

edited August 20, 2020 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @geoteo
    When it comes to bank connections it's a bit more difficult to investigate through our community forum. If you haven't already submitted a ticket to our support team about your bank connection issue, I would recommend doing so. If you haven't received a response, I assure you that our team is on it but we're dealing with a larger than normal volume of emails, so we appreciate your patience.

• Options
    StayTunedStayTuned Member Posts: 1

Has this issue been resolved with SB importing? I have the same issue with my account.

• Options
    rwagner75rwagner75 Member Posts: 4

Apparently NOT! I'm having same issue for 20 days now. I've sent in an email.....gonna hold my breath for a few more days.

• Options
    CurtisMachekCurtisMachek Member Posts: 1

I'm also having issues with Scotiabank - my last imported tx was on Nov. 13th.

• Options
    DaveABDaveAB Member Posts: 1

I'm also having issues with ScotiaBank, if I disconnect my accounts and re-connect it works for a couple of days then stops again no warning no errors.
    Thankfully it picks up the last time you synced a particular account so it only imports new transactions but its getting to be a pain.
    I saw RBC has been having issues most of this year as well, i'm guessing its something to do with the security questions, would be nice to get this resolved.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Scotiabank connections. After doing some digging on my end, it appears that Scotia's integration with Plaid, our third party data aggregator, has been experiencing some issues affecting your automatic transaction imports. This has since been escalated to Plaid and they recently followed-up with an update on this matter. Currently their investigation is still on going. I'm afraid that they are currently unable to give an estimated fix date for this issue. Please be aware that their integrations teams is aware of and working to resolve this problem as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience here.

In the meantime, Wave offers a few options to import and upload your transactions manually. You can learn more about these below:

edited December 16, 2020
  • Options
    Mrs_SparkleMrs_Sparkle Member Posts: 5
    Hi sorry to revive an old thread. Wave isn't connecting with Scotia again. Its been three weeks for me. I disconnected my account and tried to connect and it said the connection is down and to try later. Is this an ongoing thing?
  • Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Mrs_Sparkle !

After taking a closer look at ScotiaBank's connection on the backend, I'm afraid that it is still down at this time. Sorry about this. In the meantime, please feel free to use one of our manual alternatives mentioned above to import your transactions into Wave.

Below I attached a screenshot for additional context:

edited May 5, 2021
  • Options
    Mrs_SparkleMrs_Sparkle Member Posts: 5
    Oh I see, thanks for the detailed response. I imagine they will figure it out eventually. Too bad we only get bank statements once a month haha.

Thanks though!