Suntrust Businees Account Not Connecting again

chuckfachuckfa Member Posts: 8

Suntrust account is once again not connecting, valid logins via Plaid are rejected. Anyone know a fix?

Comments

• Andy2222Andy2222 Member Posts: 2

I recently opened a business account with Suntrust and Wave is telling me that my credentials are incorrect but this is false, I entered the correct credentials. I'm seeing this concerning Plaid not working correctly to link Suntrust and Wave dating back to August 2020. What are we supposed to do?

• chuckfachuckfa Member Posts: 8

Yes, Wave and it's use of Plaid for banking is totally inept at keeping pace with banking institutions with rotating login security. This issue is periodic and usually takes Wave/Plaid weeks to fix.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your SunTrust bank connections as I'm sure this is hindering your accounting workflow. Recently some users have reported issues with their SunTrust - Business Online connections and I can confirm there is an issue with the integration (screenshot below). If this is the connection you are having issues with or any other bank connections, please reach out to our support team via ticket request so one of our agents can assist you directly. If necessary, they can escalate your individual cases to Plaid for further investigation. I hope this helps!

SunTrust - Business Online Status:

edited January 22, 2021
  • ArchiTechArchiTech Member Posts: 3

Having Issues with SunTrust as well. This connection has been configured for a few years. Would drop every week or so in the last few months. Now it won't connect at all. Just getting an invalid credentials message, yet I have confirmed the credentials are correct by going straight to the banking site. Very Frustrating!

• ArchiTechArchiTech Member Posts: 3

Might be worth the fee to move to freshbooks. They use yodlee instead of plaid.

• chuckfachuckfa Member Posts: 8

Suntrust appears to be making numerous updates to their site since merging with BB&T. I may switch banks since service in general has declined afterthe merger. In any event, not sure if any third party billing service can keep up with Suntrusts' login changes.