Options

ADD A SAVE BUTTON OMG!!!!!!

jnprjnpr Member Posts: 6

Please help me understand why there is a save and continue and not a simple save or save as draft button? You can not just assume that everyone wants to move to the next screen, it's not like the auto save is on every new item added. What about us that just want to record an hour and continue working?
The auto save does not seem to save every action, countless times I've lost invoicing and since I"m recording straight to wave I might miss readding items. I've lost work this way, being auto logged out and logging back in only to see several line items not auto saved, just gone, and then I'm left to figure out what's missing. If you just had a simple save button, or save as draft. I might continually add to 5 invoices throughout a day recording time/activity but only send once a week to clients. It's super annoying and time consuming to have to click save and continue only to then click back on 'edit draft' and sometimes miscliking on the send button.

DEVELOPMENT TEAM: WHY IS THERE IS NO SIMPLE SAVE BUTTON!?

Comments

• Options

Once again lost the invoicing work due to auto log out. Why can't you just add a save as draft button? It's so intuitive, the fact that it is not there is ridiculous.

edited January 25, 2021
  • Options

Once again....

Save and Send
    Save and record a payment
    Save and continue
    ..... but no Save As Draft???

So if you're working on an invoice, and switch tabs and happen to take too long getting back to the invoice you'll lose your work because the auto save doesn't save changes frequently enough and you'll get logged out.

• Options
    NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

hey @jnpr sorry to hear you've been running instances where you're losing your invoices! That definitely sounds like a frustrating situation to run into.

The reason why there's no "Save as a draft" button is because the moment you click on "Save and continue", the system will automatically save the invoice as a draft. You can then go back in to edit the draft until you're ready to approve it. Here is a screenshot of how the saved draft invoice looks like once you click on "Save and continue":

I hope this clear things up!

edited February 5, 2021