Dashboard - Figures Incorrect

AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 7

Hi,

All of sudden since this morning my march month is showing a different figure (lower) for the overall income generated. Even though I have checked the invoices generated, the total is off by 100k when I see in dashboard figure.

Any assistance would be great please.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Ankur.

What reports are you comparing? If you're comparing the Cash Flow report to a different report, you might be seeing a discrepancy. The Cash Flow report uses cash-based accounting (which means that income is generated when you receive money) and most of the rest of Wave operates on accrual-based accounting (which means that income is recorded when the invoice is created).

edited April 13, 2018
  • AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 7

Hi @Alexia . I am unsure on the language. However 3 days back in my dashboard total invoice income raised was higher and since then for only march month approx 100k less is showing. I just checked reports for sales tax and invoice by customer for the same month it shows higher but the dashboard graph is showing incorrect figure. Could you assist please?

Hi @Ankur.

Can you give me screenshots of the graphs on your dashboard and of the reports that aren't matching?

Dear @Alexia , please see screen shots attached. The report shows a figure of 214K for March however the dashboard shows 125K for march. We are only talking about income here.

Hi, @Ankur.

It seems that a few of your bill items were categorized to income accounts instead of expense accounts. Negative transactions in income will lower your income numbers, but won't change your expenses. You'll have to go through your bills and make sure all items there are categorized to expenses.

@Alexia Thank you for this information. Ill get reviewing on this.

@Alexia can you advise where do I see the categorisation of bill payments?

Hi, @Ankur.

You'll have to open up your bills. You'll find the category after the item name and description.